In a nutshell
We are looking for a seasoned designer with a knack for beautiful user experiences and a keen eye for detail; an all-rounder but with a particular passion for mobile. You’ll join a fun and international team and get to sink your teeth into design challenges that are spicy like vindaloo. Join us to make a difference in the lives of people living with skin diseases.
- Create seamless experiences for various platforms, particularly mobile
- Develop solutions that take into account technical, business and medical opportunities and limitations
- Take rough ideas and challenge them, own them, build on them and turn them into well-rounded solutions
- Use both your expert knowledge and user data to support design decisions
- Build wireframes, user journeys, interactive mockups and (together with developers) functional prototypes to validate our assumptions
- Create and run user tests, on your own or with our anthropologists.
- Be the voice of the user in our team
- Be a fun, social and caring colleague
The ideal candidate
- Knows all the best practices and latest innovations in mobile UI design
- Is set on making things work well and look great
- Has worked in a range of contexts and has a proven track record (5+ years experience)
- Applies best practices but is always on the lookout for a better way of doing things
- Is constructively critical, willing to challenge others and looking for a way forward
- Isn’t shy to take on responsibilities outside of comfort zone (graphic design, project management, editing copy, take the cups out of the dishwasher once in a while)
- Can effortlessly work together with developers, medical experts, project leads and others
- Is self-directed and can take the lead on any activity
- Deflects praise to the team and takes heed of criticism
- Is eager to keep developing her/his specialties and explore new ones
LEO Innovation Lab has been established by LEO Pharma to create solutions that can improve the lives of people with skin diseases. As LEO Pharma is owned entirely by the LEO Foundation and has no shareholders, the overall mission is to help people achieve healthy skin, and profits are reinvested in the company. This unique ownership structure has made it possible to establish LEO Innovation Lab with one goal: to make a difference for people living with chronic skin diseases.
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and your name in the subject. Please include:
- Your motivation to join (in English)
- Your resume
- Your portfolio (PDF or website).
Before applying, consider reading this post about applying for design positions. It’s great.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, until we’ve found the right people.