Data Protection Officer and legal advisor
At Studies&Me we are committed to pioneering virtual and hybrid clinical trial conduct by leveraging mobile technologies, as a digital Clinical Research Organization. We are a rapidly growing company and our teams are expanding full speed. We therefore need you on board!
What the position offers
Our teams handle immense amounts of data in connection with the clinical trials that we conduct. It is therefore our foremost duty to ensure that all the personal data of patients, staff, customers, providers, or any other individuals are protected in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation. This is where your competencies come into play!
As our new Data Protection Officer, you will be in charge of data protection, while also providing expert knowledge, ensuring that the right and relevant information is shared with management and department leads to uphold regulatory compliance.
You will also be the main point of contact between Studies&Me and the relevant data protection authorities.
In addition, you will be advising Studies&Me on legal aspects of contracts with stakeholders such as sponsors, partners, investigators, and vendors, while ensuring national and international legal standards and performance standards are met.
Amongst your responsibilities will be
- Overseeing Studies&Me data protection strategy and its implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements.
- Executing audits on internal functions and partners/vendors in order to do proactive risk mitigations.
- Making Data Processing Impact Assessments (DPIA).
- Acting as point of contact with authorities and data subjects in case of breaches or other reportable events.
- Promoting and developing a data protection culture within Studies&Me.
- Informing and advising Studies&Me in regards to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other national or regional data privacy rules.
- Overseeing the maintenance of records required to demonstrate data protection compliance.
- Being Studies&Me’s expert on data protection, security, and privacy queries and questions from staff.
- Being first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (patients, staff, customers etc.).
- Advising on the development and implementation of Data Protection, Data Quality, and Information Governance guidelines and policies, to ensure systematic, comprehensive, and coordinated compliance with regulation and agreed-on standards.
- Ensuring processes to identify Data Privacy Impact with regards to any changes in service design, change of information requirements, or change of technical system and to monitor that this process is effective in operation.
- Ensuring that all work undertaken for Studies&Me, whether in-house or by Third Parties, adheres to the data privacy rules and principles.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing agreements with Sponsors, Partners, Institutions, Investigators, and Vendors in accordance with local/accepted process.
As our ideal candidate you have
A Masters degree in law.
A minimum of three years experience working in data protection compliance or a related field.
Expertise in European and North American data protection laws (HIPAA) and practices including an in-depth understanding of GDPR.
Experience from a legal, audit, and/or risk function department.
We would also appreciate if you
- Are a Certified DPO (EU).
- Have documented expert knowledge of GDPR art. 37 e.g. CIPM+CIPP/E certificering.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the data types used in clinical trials.
- Have a proven track record of working in a quality management systems environment.
What we offer in addition
- A unique opportunity to work in the heart of Copenhagen in an old Bank (Bikuben) with high ceilings and a beautiful yard.
- A dynamic and international organization, which is also reflected in the employee profiles.
- A friendly, social and engaged work environment where all employees play an important role in each other’s successes.
- A great canteen, with the most wonderful chef who cooks us lunch every day. The canteen also offers an always fully stocked snack bar and drinks fridge.
How to apply or ask us questions about the position
In Studies&Me we know that meaningful results require both the right approach and the right people. This is your opportunity to play an important part in pioneering clinical trials for the benefit of patients.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Senior Scientific Officer, Peter Aadal Nielsen on firstname.lastname@example.org,
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com – with the subject “Data Protection Officer”
We are looking to fill this role in Copenhagen, Denmark, in Studies&Me as soon as possible.
When to apply
Application deadline is 17 May 2021. The applications will be evaluated continually.
We look forward to receiving your application!