Front-end Engineer for Hospital Innovation Group
LEO Innovation Lab is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join its Hospital Innovation Group. The Group has been created to revolutionize healthcare by taking scalable technical solutions directly to hospitals in order to bring patients better, more affordable healthcare regardless of location and income.
We want to offer you the chance to join us in creating something truly disruptive.
The Hospital Innovation Group develops digital solutions to give both patients and doctors a better understanding of the development of skin diseases, improving diagnoses and making it easier to find the right personalised treatment, delivered at the right time. We’re operating in the intersection of medicine and artificial intelligence with the mission to improve the lives of people living with a skin disease.
As an engineering team, we make use of a wide range of technologies to carry out our mission. Working with us at our office in central Copenhagen, you will be a key part of driving significant change using these technologies. A taste of some of the programming languages and tech we use across the organization include: React, ReactNative, Node.js, Scala, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin and Java. We deploy our services on AWS, and we employ continuous integration and end-to-end testing to stay confident in our ability to deliver on our promises.
You, the ideal candidate,
- Write beautiful, modular, testable and scalable code in JS, preferably using React along with Redux and Flow or TypeScript
- Learn quickly – you want to push your first commit on day one
- Have experience in designing and developing modular User Interfaces, using modern CSS frameworks
- Work closely with Software Engineers (Frontend, Backend, Mobile), UX Designers, Product Managers, AI and Machine Learning Engineers as well as our Medical team to identify and incorporate the relevant knowledge from their respective domains into your solutions
- Test and QA your code, relentlessly
- Have shipped fully-featured web apps to production
- Possess strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Understand the value of code review and its place in software engineering
- Identify areas of improvement and proactively implement those with the team
- Have (or desire) experience developing mobile apps with React Native
- Have (or desire) experience developing native mobile apps
- Experience with some or all of the following – Unix/Linux, Bash, Python, SQL, image processing, computer vision
- Have contributed or are actively contributing to open source projects
- Experience working with medical imaging
- Understand the possibilities and limitations within AI and machine learning domains
- Enjoy working with designers to create awesome experiences
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to turn cutting-edge research into making a real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases
- Competitive salary, company pension contribution
- Excellent private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holiday amounting to 30 days per year plus public holidays
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Visa support for the right candidate
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- An experienced and ambitious team
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday, have team breakfasts every Friday, and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks. And a selection of coffee and tea, of course
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise
- The best of both worlds – agile innovative start-up culture with corporate security
What’s it like to work here
We are a growing team with big ambitions and boundless passion. As a multidisciplinary team, we bring together a wide range of disciplines – from computer science, AI, mobile app development, UX, product management to dermatology – all focused on one common goal: To help people living with a chronic skin disease.
We thrive on solving hard, complex challenges and we value:
- Taking ownership and jumping in to help
- Focusing on solutions and outcomes
- Being pragmatic perfectionists
- Being bold and staying humble
Focus on innovation
The Hospital Innovation Group is part of LEO Innovation Lab, and our office is located in the heart of Copenhagen. We work alongside 80 talented people from around the world (in fact, 21 different nationalities), with expertise in different areas within the digital and medical space, working on a variety of projects. In this vibrant startup-like can-do and agile culture, we have the opportunity to learn and benefit from each other’s unique skills and backgrounds.
Our success depends on our people, so we focus on a great work environment where innovation can flourish, with an on-site chef for our daily lunch, and regular team events such as Friday bars and team breakfasts that define the concept of Danish hygge.
About LEO Innovation Lab
LEO Innovation Lab is an independent unit, established by LEO Pharma as part of a long-term strategic decision to focus on patient needs. We don’t develop medical treatments – instead, we look at the biggest pain points and opportunities for eHealth in the patient journey.
As LEO Pharma is owned entirely by the LEO Foundation and has no shareholders, its profits are reinvested in developing new solutions to support the overall mission: To help people achieve healthy skin. This unique ownership structure has made it possible to establish LEO Innovation Lab with a goal of making a difference to people living with a skin condition.
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume and motivational letter to Olga Safonova, Team Lead at Hospital Innovation Group: email@example.com
We will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis until we have found the right people.
Please include a link to your web portfolio or GitHub profile for us to see samples of your projects.
Mark your application: YOUR NAME – [JOB TITLE]