Front-end Engineer for LEO Innovation Lab
LEO Innovation Lab is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our team of innovators for the chance to revolutionise healthcare with digital technology.
We develop digital solutions to give both patients and doctors a better understanding of the development of skin diseases, to improve diagnostic accuracy, and to make it easier for patients to get the right treatment first time round. We are operating in the intersection of medicine and artificial intelligence with the mission to improve the lives of people living with a skin disease.
As an engineering team, we make use of a wide range of technologies to carry out our mission. Working with us, you will be part of driving significant change using these technologies. Some of the programming languages and tech we use include: React, ReactNative, Node.js, Scala, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin and Java. We deploy our services on AWS, and we employ continuous integration and end-to-end testing to stay confident in our ability to deliver on our promises.
You, the ideal candidate,
- Write beautiful, modular, testable and scalable code in JS, preferably using React along with Redux and Flow or TypeScript
- Learn quickly – you want to push your first commit on day one
- Have experience in designing and developing modular User Interfaces, using modern CSS frameworks
- Work closely with Software Engineers (Frontend, Backend, Mobile), UX Designers, Product Managers, AI and Machine Learning Engineers as well as our Medical team to identify and incorporate the relevant knowledge from their respective domains into your solutions
- Test and QA your code, relentlessly
- Have shipped fully-featured web apps to production
- Possess strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Understand the value of code review and its place in software engineering
- Identify areas of improvement and proactively implement those with the team
- Have (or desire) experience developing mobile apps with React Native
- Have (or desire) experience developing native mobile apps
- Experience with some or all of the following – Unix/Linux, Bash, Python, SQL, image processing, computer vision
- Have contributed or are actively contributing to open source projects
- Experience working with medical imaging
- Understand the possibilities and limitations within AI and machine learning domains
- Enjoy working with designers to create awesome experiences
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to turn cutting-edge research into making a real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases
- Competitive salary, company pension contribution
- Excellent private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holiday amounting to 30 days per year plus public holidays
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Visa support for the right candidate
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- An experienced and ambitious team
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday, have team breakfasts every Friday, and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks. And a selection of coffee and tea, of course
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise
- The best of both worlds – agile innovative start-up culture with corporate security
What’s it like to work here
We are a growing team with big ambitions and boundless passion. As a multidisciplinary team, we bring together a wide range of disciplines – from computer science, AI, mobile app development, UX, and product management to dermatology – all focused on one common goal: To help people living with a chronic skin disease.
We thrive on solving hard, complex challenges and we value:
- Taking ownership and jumping in to help
- Focusing on solutions and outcomes
- Being pragmatic perfectionists
- Being bold and staying humble
Focus on innovation
Our office is located in the heart of Copenhagen. We work alongside 80 talented people from around the world (in fact, 21 different nationalities), with expertise in different areas within the digital and medical space. In this vibrant, startup-like culture, we have the opportunity to learn and benefit from each other’s unique skills and backgrounds.
Our success depends on our people, so we focus on a great work environment where innovation can flourish. We have an on-site chef for our daily lunch, and regular team events such as Friday bars and team breakfasts that define the concept of Danish hygge.
About LEO Innovation Lab
LEO Innovation Lab is an independent innovation unit of LEO Pharma, established to help patients by addressing global challenges of healthcare with digital technology. The unit collaborates with research partners from across the world, including the USA, Europe, and China, and operates with a high degree of autonomy to enable agile execution.
LEO Pharma is owned entirely by the LEO Foundation with no shareholders, and all profits are reinvested into new research to help patients.
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume and motivational letter to: email@example.com
We will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis until we have found the right people.
Please include a link to your web portfolio or GitHub profile for us to see samples of your projects.
Mark your application: YOUR NAME – [JOB TITLE]