Full-stack Lead Developer for Virtual Clinical Trials
LEO Innovation Lab is seeking a talented, motivated Full-stack Lead Developer to join The Virtual Clinical Trial team. The team has been created to revolutionize the way clinical research is performed today. Our principal idea with a virtual platform for clinic-less clinical trials is to accommodate the need for disrupting the way clinical trials are conducted in order to meet the increasing demand for personalized medicine with higher patient involvement that we see today in our society. A Virtual Clinical Trial platform would enable any patient, regardless of distance to a hospital, to participate in clinical research bringing more diversity data into the study, which in the very end would bring patients better, safer and more affordable treatment.
We want to offer you the chance to join us in creating something that truly would be groundbreaking in the healthcare sector, and could potentially help millions of patients now and in the future.
We are a growing team with big ambitions and boundless passion. As a multidisciplinary team, we bring together a wide range of disciplines – from computer science, AI, mobile app development, UX, product management to dermatology – all focused on one common mission: To help people living with a chronic skin disease. As an engineering team, we make use of a wide range of technologies to carry out our mission. Working with us at our office in central Copenhagen, you will be a key part of driving significant change using these technologies. A taste of some of the programming languages and tech we use across the organization include React, React Native, Node.js, Scala, Python, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin and Java. We deploy our services on AWS, and we employ continuous integration and end-to-end testing to stay confident in our ability to deliver on our promises.
You, the ideal candidate:
- Learn quickly – you want to push your first commit on day one
- Have experience in designing and developing modular User Interfaces
- Work closely with Software Engineers (Frontend, Backend, Mobile), UX Designers, Product Managers, AI, and Machine Learning Engineers as well as our Medical team to identify and incorporate the relevant knowledge from their respective domains into your solutions
- Test and QA your code, relentlessly
- Have shipped fully-featured web apps to production
- Possess strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Understand the value of code review and its place in software engineering
- Identify areas of improvement and proactively implement those with the team
- Have (or desire) experience developing mobile apps with React Native
- Have (or desire) experience developing native mobile apps
- Experience with some or all of the following – Unix/Linux, Bash, Python, SQL, image processing, computer vision
- Have contributed or are actively contributing to open source projects
- Experience working with medical imaging
- Understand the possibilities and limitations within AI and machine learning domains
- Enjoy working with designers to create awesome experiences
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to turn cutting-edge research into making a real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases
- Competitive salary, company pension contribution
- Excellent private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holiday amounting to 30 days per year plus public holidays
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Visa support for the right candidate
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- An experienced and ambitious team
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday, have team breakfasts every Friday, and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks. And a selection of coffee and tea, of course
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise
- The best of both worlds – agile innovative start-up culture with corporate security
How to apply:
Do you have what it takes? We can’t wait to hear from you. Apply by sending your resume and motivational letter, web portfolio or GitHub profile to Rasmus Hogreffe, Team Manager at The Virtual Clinical Trial team: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark your application “VCT developer”.
We will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis until we have found the right people.
LEO Innovation Lab has been established by LEO Pharma to create solutions that can improve the lives of people with skin diseases. As LEO Pharma is owned entirely by the LEO Foundation and has no shareholders, the overall mission is to help people achieve healthy skin, and profits are reinvested in the company. This unique ownership structure has made it possible to establish LEO Innovation Lab with one goal – to make a difference for people living with chronic skin diseases.