React Native Developer
We develop image recognition-based artificial intelligence to give both patients and doctors a better understanding of the development of skin diseases, improve diagnosis, and make it easier to find the right personalised combination of treatment and lifestyle.
We are looking for a developer with React experience to join our growing engineering team, to create, iterate and launch high-quality software that empowers people living with a skin disease. Ultimately, we are looking for a team-player motivated by mobile development to work with us in LEO Innovation Lab’s office in central Copenhagen.
We embrace open source contributions, love automation, care deeply about knowledge sharing, and we modularise most of our code for consumption by other teams. Depending on your profile and preference, you decide what part of our tech stack you want to work on.
Our eco-system consists of Swift and Kotlin for low-level modules capturing high-quality images, running machine learning models, and for building complex native UIs. On top of that, we are happy users of React Native. Most of our user-facing code is written in modern ES6 with Flow types on top. Although React Native wasn’t a good fit for Airbnb, we believe it strikes a good balance for our different apps. See more about our transition to React Native in our blog post series.
You, the ideal candidate
We’re looking for passionate and empathic individuals to help us build healthcare solutions with a potential to improve millions of lives.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience with React Native development (or at least experience with React – that knowledge is easy to transfer)
- A desire and an ability to learn new technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Passion for delivering great user experiences
- Ability to innovate and partner with our design team to iterate on ideas
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Pragmatic attitude, avoiding premature optimisation, and an MVP mindset
- Passionate about automated tests (Jest, Appium, TDD)
- Experience working with TypeScript, Flow, or ReasonML
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience releasing mobile applications to the Apple App store or Google Play
- Experience with iOS or Android development
- GitHub profile or link to open source work
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to turn cutting-edge research into making a real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases
- A super passionate and diverse team with people from all over the world
- A flexible and fun working environment
- Competitive salary, pension contribution, and premium health insurance
- Flexible holidays and an extra week after 9 months, so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday, have team breakfasts every Friday, and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise
On leoinnovationlab.com, you can read more about us, the Innovation Lab and the role we play within health tech. At LEO Innovation Lab, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Great people often know great people – and since sharing is caring, please share this post if you have a friend who would love this job!
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume and motivational letter to email@example.com – with the subject “React Native Developer”.
After a screening and a small programming assignment, we will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis.