Research Scientist (Machine Learning)
Join us to make an impact for healthcare
In a world where access to clinical support is waning due to the growing shortage of doctors and outdated healthcare systems, we believe that everybody should have access to the care they need when it comes to the health of their skin. To help democratise healthcare, and build a more efficient patient journey, we develop technologies that leverage the power of dermatological AI to make high quality and effective healthcare available from the smartphone in your pocket.
We are looking for a new colleague to help drive our smartphone AI technology in medical imaging forward. You will be part of a team of like-minded research scientists with years of experience in medical image analysis, where ideas are fertilised and quality is a virtue. Based on state-of-the-art literature, you will be responsible for coming up with novel hypotheses, designing experiments to test them, and reporting the high-quality results to both a specialist and non-specialist audience. We expect that you thrive and excel under a great deal of freedom, while being able to adapt to ever-changing needs.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for individuals who are eager to make an impact for healthcare and want to contribute to projects that have the potential to help millions of people.
As our ideal candidate, you…
- Are passionate about attacking open problems related to real-world datasets and applications, and continuously willing to learn new skills.
- Have a history of coming up with new ideas in machine learning and/or applications, for instance demonstrated by your publication list or projects you have been part of.
- Hold experience as an industrial or academic researcher.
- Have a background in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field: PhD degree or MSc with 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Are motivated by working with experts in engineering, product development, and medicine (dermatology).
- Can apply statistical methods to summarise and make sound inferences about real-world data.
- Enjoy writing publications and presenting at conferences in the area of medical image analysis.
- Are on firm ground when coding, fiddling with the terminal, and debugging complex code.
It is a bonus if you have…
- Strong Python skills including use of contemporary deep learning frameworks.
- Experience developing annotation guidelines for subject matter experts.
- Experience developing computer vision and machine learning methods (image and image sequence normalisation, segmentation, registration, classification) for different imaging modalities.
- A history of open source contributions or challenge participation in e.g. ISIC, ISBI, SPIE, Kaggle.
- Worked with go-to-market machine learning development.
- Experience with integrative biomedical data analysis (imaging and non-imaging data processing, temporal data analysis).
- Mathematical maturity when faced with intricate proofs.
- Experience with software engineering principles such as continuous integration, automated testing, and agile e.g. demonstrated usage of AWS, Github, CircleCI.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work in the heart of Copenhagen with an international team where leading edge research is turned into real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases.
- Ability to attend scientific conferences and professional training.
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and premium health insurance.
- Flexible holidays and an extra week after 9 months, so you can take time off when you need to.
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones.
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops.
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday. We also have team breakfasts every Friday, and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks.
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise.
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume and motivational letter to email@example.com with the subject “Research Scientist (Machine Learning)”. We will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis.
Please include all relevant academic and industry credentials and link to your portfolio/Github.
About LEO Innovation Lab
LEO Innovation Lab was established in 2015 as an independent innovation unit of Denmark’s oldest pharmaceutical company LEO Pharma. Being owned by a foundation, LEO Pharma has no shareholders to consider, and all profits are reinvested into new research to help patients. The innovation lab functions with a high degree of autonomy to address global healthcare challenges with digital technology designed to alleviate specific pain points experienced by patients or doctors within the ecosystem of skin diseases. We collaborate with research partners from across the world, including the USA, Europe, and China, to achieve global impact for healthcare.