Senior Frontend Developer, Studies&Me
Do you want to help shape the future of treatment development?
Clinical trials are a prerequisite for making new and better treatments available to those who need it but today, the journey from trial to treatment is long, costly, and inefficient.
At Studies&Me, we want to change that. We are developing solutions for conducting clinical studies in a fully virtual setting to enable faster, smarter, and more accessible research.
To help us succeed, we are looking for frontend developers to join our engineering team in creating, iterating on, and launching high-quality software solutions to support the recruitment of patients for virtual medical trials.
Ultimately, we are looking for a team-player motivated by frontend development, ready to bring new ideas to the table when working with us in our office in central Copenhagen.
All our frontends are written in React. While individual projects may experiment with new ideas and technologies, React is at the heart of all our user facing interfaces.
We use CircleCI as a build server and continuous integration tool, which deploys all successful builds unto AWS. The backends we build are written in Scala and deployed as Docker containers unto Fargate.
We embrace open source contributions, love automation, and care deeply about knowledge sharing.
You, the ideal candidate:
We are looking for driven and empathetic individuals to help us build the virtual medical trial recruitment platform of the future.
As our ideal candidate you have:
- Experience in developing frontend solutions using React
- A desire and an ability to learn new technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to innovate and partner with both design team and backend developers to iterate on ideas
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- the ability to, and passion for, mentoring junior developers
- the skills to execute ideas and to propose new solutions
Bonus points if you have:
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- A pragmatic attitude, avoiding premature optimisation, and an MVP mindset
- A Github profile or link to open source work
- An understanding of backend and design processes
- Experience in testing frontends
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to make an impact for healthcare by combining cutting edge technology with medical trials, ultimately to support people living with a skin condition
- A super passionate and diverse team from all over the world
- A flexible and fun working environment
- Competitive salary, pension contribution, and premium health insurance
- Flexible holidays and an extra week after 9 months, so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend time with your loved ones
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- We have an on-site chef to serve us lunch every weekday, and we have team breakfasts every Friday
- Macbooks and ultra-wide screens as your productivity base — unless you prefer otherwise
At Studies&Me, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job because diversity makes us stronger.
Great people often know great people – and since sharing is caring, please share this post if you have a friend who would love this job.
For any questions about the position, feel free to contact Andreas Frisch, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com — with the subject “Senior Frontend Developer”.
After a screening and a small programming assignment, we will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis, aiming to fill the position by September 2020.