Our mission is to improve the lives of people living with a skin disease.
LEO Innovation Lab develops image recognition-based artificial intelligence to give both patients and doctors a better understanding of the development of skin diseases, improving diagnoses, and making it easier to find the right personalised combination of treatment and lifestyle.
Our focus is on chronic diseases such as psoriasis or eczema, where misdiagnosis rates can be as high as 55%. Access to dermatologists involves long waiting times, and it often takes years of struggle to get correctly diagnosed and find a way to manage the disease.
Our apps are used by thousands of patients around the world who track the development of their skin condition and thus provide us with valuable data points.
In a nutshell
We are looking for a seasoned designer with a knack for beautiful mobile user experiences and a keen eye for detail, strongly rooted in UX, and able to craft stunning finishes. You’ll join an international, passionate, and fun team where you get to sink your teeth into exciting design challenges. We guarantee you’ll be exposed to entirely new challenges at the intersection of patient behaviour and MedTech, designing apps that use cutting edge computer vision and AI.
- Continuously improve the experience and performance of our products – including our tracking-focused app, an internal web-based tool facilitating dermatological evaluations, and our AI-powered diagnostic product targeted at doctors and consumers
- Design the most user-centered, friendliest solutions that take into account technical, business, compliance, and medical opportunities and limitations
- Create seamless experiences mobile-first, but with web and other platforms in mind
- Take rough ideas and challenge them, own them, build on them, and take them all the way into stunning, well-rounded solutions
- Drive the user research process involving design sprint-esque efforts to deliver a stream of actionable knowledge to help validate and gain new ideas
- Use both your expert knowledge, user data, and the insights of other team members to support design decisions
- Build wireframes, user journeys, interactive mockups, and (together with developers) functional prototypes to validate design and business assumptions
- Work along and involve a team of very skilled developers and computer vision engineers from start to release and beyond
- Be the voice of the user in our team and a fun, social, and caring colleague
You, the ideal candidate
- Build on your 5+ years diverse experience with ideally at least one significant mobile experience to make things work well and look great
- Have a strong methodological approach, set of frameworks, and mental models to adapt to new challenges
- Are constructively critical, willing to challenge and be challenged by others and always looking for a way forward
- Have strong design opinions, convictions and excellent communication skills, as well as an open mindset to change opinions based on new realities, learnings and data insights
- Can closely work together with developers, medical experts, project leads, and others and contribute to a working environment people feel energised and inspired by
- Are self-directed and can comfortably take initiative in ambiguity when needed
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to turn cutting edge research into making a real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases
- Competitive salary, pension contribution, and premium health insurance
- Flexible holidays and an extra week after 9 months, so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday, have team breakfasts every Friday, and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise
- We are located in central Copenhagen
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume/CV and optionally a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis until we have found the right people.
If available, include a link to your portfolio (or attached as PDF) for us to see samples of your projects.