LEO Innovation Lab, an independent business unit, established and owned by LEO Pharma A/S a private limited company incorporated in Denmark with CVR No. 56759514 (hereafter collectively referred to as “LEO Pharma”) manage current or future services, mobile applications and websites as part of a long-term strategic decision to focus on patients’ needs. The terms “our”, “us” or “we” means LEO Pharma.
Data controller shall be LEO Pharma, setting out the purpose for the use of any personal information given by you when using our Services.
Data processor shall mean anyone processing Data on behalf of LEO Pharma.
Minor(s) shall mean any person under the age of 18, or persons, who are not legally competent to enter into contracts under applicable law.
User Account or Account shall mean your personal account, with your personal associated username and password.
Services shall mean any product, mobile application or website made available by us.
Personal Data Shall mean any factual or subjective information in recorded form that identifies or could be used to identify an individual. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, information such as age, name, address, birth date, email, gender, height, weight and health information, medical history, etc. depending on what you submit to us through CitizenResearch.
LEO Pharma Group Company shall mean affiliates or partners acting under LEO Pharma. An overview is available at http://www.leo-pharma.com/Home/Global-presence.aspx, and you should check this site regularly.
Personal Data we collect at CitizenResearch
LEO Pharma is the data controller of all Personal Data collected about you by us in relation to CitizenResearch. When using CitizenResearch we ask you for Personal Data relevant for being able to present, enrich and personalise data experiences. Further, we may collect Personal Data provided by you voluntarily to us, such as information included in comments and recommendations made by you on CitizenResearch or in response to questionnaires, studies or during other interactions with us. In addition, we may monitor your use of CitizenResearch.
We collect and process the following Personal Data about you either given by you or provided to us through your use of our Service “CitizenResearch”:
- Your contact information, such as name, location, phone number or e-mail address
- Health information and other personal information such as weight, age, type of psoriasis etc. voluntarily given to us by you through the completion of CitizenResearch studies that you agree to participate in
- Any questions, suggestions and comments sent to us through Contact feature on CitizenResearch or through social media channels
- Information about you if you use CitizenResearch, including your IP address, login information, browser type, operating system, platform, length of visit to certain pages and number of pages viewed
- Information contained in text messages related to CitizenResearch, images, text messages or other communication modalities of CitizenResearch
Please note, that the answers you provide when using CitizenResearch will be be presented anonymously only, unless otherwise agreed with you.
Use of collected Personal Data
The primary purpose for collecting, storing and processing your Personal Data is to analyze aggregated data from studies and questionnaires in order to develop insights on how chronic skin conditions impacts every day life of people living with these conditions, and contribute into design of healthcare innovation including help develop and improve solutions for people living with chronic skin conditions.
Other purposes for processing your Personal Data are described below:
- To provide you with content and services, including to administer your use of CitizenResearch (e.g. your Account)
- To collect data across users, to present aggregated results of studies and user experiences of CitizenResearch on an anonymous basis
- To establish and maintain communications with you as specifically agreed with you through emails
- To improve CitizenResearch in terms of functionality and content
- To process your comments and respond to any queries you may have
- To link, aggregate and cross-reference with other LEO Pharma data in order to improve our Services
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice, including to report adverse events to LEO Pharma GroupCompanies and health regulators if needed
- To detect and prevent fraud, and to help safeguard the interests of LEO Pharma and its users
- For information technology management and retargeting technology based on user activities at CitizenResearch.
- For all other purposes to which you have specifically consented when using CitizenResearch
Your Personal Data will be anonymised after two years of inactivity or upon request from you. Inactivity meaning the latest point in time you have interacted with communication from CitizenResearch.
How is your Personal Data transferred and secured
The employees who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality.
LEO Pharma will use service providers (i.e. data processors acting only on instructions from LEO Pharma), some of which may be located outside of the region or country from where you reside, in order to provide technical support, services in the area of maintenance and development of CitizenResearch. We may decide to host the data at a LEO Pharma Group company or a service provider acting as a data processor.
Via your use of CitizenResearch you understand and hereby accept that your Personal Data will also be transferred to the following independent third parties for processing for the purposes stated below and only in respect of Personal Information relevant for these purposes:
- Other LEO Pharma group companies for the purposes set out above
- Any third party service providers (who may be located in any part of the world) for purposes related to supporting LEO Pharma’s business (e.g., fulfillment services, technical support, delivery services) and providing you with information (if you have opted in to receiving such information as described above), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Any third party involved with the proposed sale, assignment, merger, amalgamation, plan of arrangement or other transfer of the business of a LEO Pharma Group company or a separate part hereof
- Any necessary third party if the personal safety of members of the public are in jeopardy.
Your rights and responsibilities
You may contact LEO Pharma at any time to request that we or any third party instructed by us:
- Update and correct any of your Personal Data in our custody and control if these turn out to be inaccurate or misleading in accordance with applicable personal information laws
- Provide you with access to your Personal Data in our custody and control.
If the Personal Data we, or any third party instructed by us, have about you changes please let us know as soon as possible so that we can keep our records up to date.
Receiving newsletters, relevant information etc.
Information on Minors
CitizenResearch is in general not intended for use of Minors. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person we know is a Minor without prior consent of a parent or guardian.
Recognizing that your privacy is important to you and LEO Pharma, we employ technical security measures to protect your Personal Data. LEO Pharma will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any Personal Data we hold about you against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, use, copying, modification, disclosure or disposal, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal Information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
However, no transmission of Personal Data, including transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Consequently, to the extent permitted by law, LEO Pharma, its affiliates, related companies, third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that Personal Data will be protected against misuse, loss, or alterations and do not accept any liability for Personal Data submitted to them for your or third parties’ use or misuse of Personal Data. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
LEO Pharma keeps Personal Data only as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, however, some Personal Data is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any Personal Information that is no longer needed is securely destroyed after two years.
What are cookies and what types of cookies do we use?
Cookies are small information units – bits of information – which CitizenResearch may place on your browser or your computer, smartphone or other electronic equipment with memory. Cookies contain information that CitizenResearch use to, for example, make communication between you and your web browser more efficient. Cookies are common technology on the Internet and are also used in CitizenResearch.
“Session cookies” are temporary bits of information which are deleted when you exit the Services. Session cookies are typically used to improve navigation and to collect statistics. The Services uses session cookies.
“Persistent cookies” are more permanent bits of information that are stored and remain on your electronic device until they are deleted by you. Persistent cookies delete themselves after a certain period of time but are renewed each time you visit the Services. This type of cookie store information on your computer/phone for a number of purposes; e.g. for users automated login.
LEO Pharma and our collaborating partners use the following cookies (i.e. third party cookies) over which we have no control:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
Further, we are convinced, that providing personalized advertising is more interesting for our visitors than advertising that does not have a personal reference. The CitizenResearch website uses retargeting technologies (cookies) on the internet, enabling us to show visitors, who already showed an interested in CitizenResearch advertisement from us on partnering websites.
In order to provide you with personalized advertisement we are working with other companies who use tracking technologies to do advertising on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our websites or mobile applications along with your interaction with our communications and advertisements.
How do you avoid and delete cookies?
You can amend your cookie preferences for CitizenResearch in your web browser setting; and here you can choose which cookies to accept block or delete. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
If you want to delete the cookies already on your equipment, you can, if you use a PC or a more recent browser, press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE simultaneously. If the keyboard shortcuts do not work on your browser, please visit the support page for the browser in question.
The following are links to the most common browser support pages on which you can find information regarding how to reject the storage and delete the cookies on your equipment:
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
Delete cookies in Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
Delete cookies in Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Delete cookies in Safari – http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/safari.html
Please note, that if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of CitizenResearch.
LEO Innovation Lab
1113 Copenhagen K